What is pharmaceutical translation?
Medicine and pharmacy are two branches of science that are very important in the history of humanity and pharmaceutical translation services need a high degree of specialization, since many lives depend on them. In a globalized world like this one, we must take special care with the texts and pharmaceutical recipes and put ourselves in the hands of professionals.
The pharmacy, as we said has a lot of relevance in humanity and we must bear in mind that it uses very varied languages and not only uses a very specialized language, but also mixes with other branches of science such as the legal, administrative, computer, etc. For this reason, in order to carry out a correct pharmaceutical translation services, not only do we need a translator, but this person needs to be specialized in the sector and knows all the specific terms in the languages that he will use in his work.
It is also important to note that these branches, the health, pharmaceutical, … are constantly updated by government authorities, both in the concept and of course in language, which requires very accurate translation by the translators.
Some examples of pharmaceutical texts in which the translation is used and where correct handling of the information is very important are the following:
- Medical certificates (analysis, medical tests, medical examinations, etc.)
- Manuals of medical instruments
- Specialized articles in scientific journals
- Technical sheets
- Advertising of pharmaceutical products
Expert Pharmaceutical Translation Services
As more clinical research and manufacturing is being done in multiple countries and languages, pharmaceutical translation services are playing a critical role in the process of bringing a drug from development to launch. Increasingly, pharmaceutical companies are turning to YBD Translations for help.
Pharmaceutical Translation Agency with Subject Matter Experts
A leading pharmaceutical translation agency with 10 years of experience, YBD Translations has helped many companies with the language translation, localization and formatting of product, packaging, labeling, sales and marketing materials. Our specialists have translated thousands of documents, including:
- Clinical trials: PROs, protocols & protocol synopsis, investigator’s brochure, ethics committee letters, patient information, ICFs, labels, CRFs, pharmacy manuals
- Labeling: Packaging and labeling material including SPL environments
- Regulatory affairs: SmPCs, product labeling, package inserts, CTDs, eCTDs, protocols, PILs
- Pharmacovigilance: Adverse event report forms, death certificates, doctor’s notes, CIOMS, aggregate reports
- Manufacturing: Datasheets, certificates of analysis, SOPs, validation documentation, batch manufacturing records, DFUs
- Legal documentation: Clinical trial contracts, insurance policies & certificates, employment contracts, trademark documents, patents, patent disputes, government decrees
- Marketing communications: Websites, press releases, presentations, brochures, executive speeches, newsletters
- PIM, training manuals, eLearning, user manuals and more.
YBD Translations’ specialized linguists have pharmaceutical, biotechnology and scientific subject-matter expertise. This expert knowledge ensures accuracy and consistency in terminology – reducing the risk of errors and the need for time-consuming edits. In addition, your projects are managed by professional, customer service-committed project managers with years of quality and risk management experience.
Additional pharmaceutical translation services
To further streamline pharmaceutical translation, YBD Translations offers a range of additional services such as:
- Pay-as-you-go, hosted XML content management system (CMS)
- Seamless integration with your existing CMS and labeling systems
- Expert localization of user interfaces for medical software applications
- Management of in-country review
- Third-party verification of translated documents
- Website localization
- Desktop publishing and pre-press services
Quality assurance and risk analysis
Increasingly, companies are being asked to audit their outsourced suppliers, often at a significant cost. You can reduce or eliminate these audit costs by collaborating with YBD Translations – one of the few pharmaceutical translation service providers in the world to meet a variety of international quality standards.
Reliable, expert pharmaceutical translation services
When you need a responsive, experienced pharmaceutical translation partner, choose the industry leader – YBD Translations.